The Cathedral of Saint Sava or Hram svetog Save in Belgrade, Serbia is the largest Orthodox church currently in use. The church is dedicated to Saint Sava, founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church and an important figure in medieval Serbia. It is built on the Vracar plateau, on the location where his remains are thought to have been burned in 1595 by the Ottoman EmpireÕs Sinan Pasha. From its location, it dominates BelgradeÕs cityscape, and is perhaps the most monumental building in the city. The building of the church structure is being financed exclusively by donations. The parish home is nearby, as will be the planned patriarchal building.